So Percussion and Matmos "Treasure"
Once we heard of the forthcoming collaborative album from groundbreaking duo Matmos and the experimental orchestra So Percussion, we assumed it would most likely be something as equally beautiful as it is strange. If "Treasure," the first 'single' taken from Treasure State, is any indication of what the rest of the full-length holds, it seems we were right. Amidst a cheerful melody put together with bells, chimes, xylophone, guitar, synth, and piano, high-pitched squeals take center stage along with a sitar to balance out the classical orchestration with some of Matmos' trademark noisemaking. Treasure State will be released on July 13.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player