Though many have claimed that artists like Justice are heirs to the throne of the French Touch sound, when producers like Meroz are hooking us with tracks like "Trump," it's hard to take such claims seriously. With an equal amount of Thomas Bangalter and Ian Pooley coming through, this slice of funked electro is the sort of thing that makes you want to drive really fast along a sunny beach—perhaps the piece's only setback is that it doesn't feature a sexy vocal sample, like Room 5's Oliver Cheatham-infused "Make Luv." Still, "Trump" is a certifiable summertime gem.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player