Gold Panda "You (Seams Remix)"
The UK's Gold Panda is an ace beatmaker who shares more in common with the current LA beat scene than chillwave artists like Toro Y Moi or Baths, but this remix from Seams shows an undeniable affinity with the latter crop of young producers. Using miniscule sections from the original's miniscule vocal samples, Seams allows his remix of "You" to build slowly, going from repetitive, one-note loops to multi-channel, syncopated summer hiss. While the original's crisp hip-hop beats are somewhat missed, there is a weirdly hazy quality to this remix that really satisfies the ears. Gold Panda's You EP will be released on June 15, and also features remixes from Osborne, Dam Mantle, and Minotaur Shock.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player