Gold Panda "You (Seams Remix)"
The UK's Gold Panda is an ace beatmaker who shares more in common with the current LA beat scene than chillwave artists like Toro Y Moi or Baths, but this remix from Seams shows an undeniable affinity with the latter crop of young producers. Using miniscule sections from the original's miniscule vocal samples, Seams allows his remix of "You" to build slowly, going from repetitive, one-note loops to multi-channel, syncopated summer hiss. While the original's crisp hip-hop beats are somewhat missed, there is a weirdly hazy quality to this remix that really satisfies the ears. Gold Panda's You EP will be released on June 15, and also features remixes from Osborne, Dam Mantle, and Minotaur Shock.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player