Mount Kimbie "Field"
This new taste from Mount Kimbie's forthcoming debut album, Crooks & Lovers (released July 19 via Hotflush), is a particularly interesting piece of electronic music—mostly so because it's at least half based around a couple of frantically strummed guitars. The production duo of Dominic Maker and Kai Campos have long been touted as artists constantly pushing the boundaries of dubstep, but on "Field" they've broken completely through to another side. Pattering electronic sounds and finger snaps barely tap out a percussive rhythm amidst the distorted acoustic sounds, and put the track into a whole other realm completely outside of anything remotely related to Kimbie's post-dubstep peers.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player