Mount Kimbie "Field"
This new taste from Mount Kimbie's forthcoming debut album, Crooks & Lovers (released July 19 via Hotflush), is a particularly interesting piece of electronic music—mostly so because it's at least half based around a couple of frantically strummed guitars. The production duo of Dominic Maker and Kai Campos have long been touted as artists constantly pushing the boundaries of dubstep, but on "Field" they've broken completely through to another side. Pattering electronic sounds and finger snaps barely tap out a percussive rhythm amidst the distorted acoustic sounds, and put the track into a whole other realm completely outside of anything remotely related to Kimbie's post-dubstep peers.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player