Mount Kimbie "Field"
This new taste from Mount Kimbie's forthcoming debut album, Crooks & Lovers (released July 19 via Hotflush), is a particularly interesting piece of electronic music—mostly so because it's at least half based around a couple of frantically strummed guitars. The production duo of Dominic Maker and Kai Campos have long been touted as artists constantly pushing the boundaries of dubstep, but on "Field" they've broken completely through to another side. Pattering electronic sounds and finger snaps barely tap out a percussive rhythm amidst the distorted acoustic sounds, and put the track into a whole other realm completely outside of anything remotely related to Kimbie's post-dubstep peers.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player