Deastro "Get Frostied"
Over a year after Deastro's last full-length album, Moondagger, comes a brand new 11-track EP, entitled Mind Altar. Well, technically it's an eight-song release with three "bonus tracks," but this sparkling, spacey jam comes from the original meat of the EP. "Get Frostied" sounds as chilly as its name implies; synths cascade like snowfall, snares crack like frozen tree limbs, and the whole thing sounds like it's amplified through an ice-covered cave on the planet Hoth. The Detroit-based producer may snag his inspiration for the crunchy, pop-friendly sounds from the blistering cold winters he's endured in his hometown, but the results are certainly otherworldly.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player