Deastro "Get Frostied"
Over a year after Deastro's last full-length album, Moondagger, comes a brand new 11-track EP, entitled Mind Altar. Well, technically it's an eight-song release with three "bonus tracks," but this sparkling, spacey jam comes from the original meat of the EP. "Get Frostied" sounds as chilly as its name implies; synths cascade like snowfall, snares crack like frozen tree limbs, and the whole thing sounds like it's amplified through an ice-covered cave on the planet Hoth. The Detroit-based producer may snag his inspiration for the crunchy, pop-friendly sounds from the blistering cold winters he's endured in his hometown, but the results are certainly otherworldly.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player