Nic Sarno "Mana Wasa"
This bouncing piece of Afro-tinged techno comes to us courtesy of the Hard Ass Sessions - Volume II compilation, and Italian producer Nic Sarno. Chosen by the Enchufada label, Sarno is one of four hotly tipped producers—alongside Bok Bok, Douster, and Zombies for Money—who were asked to contribute a track to the series that featured their personal interpretation of the kuduro sound somewhere between 135 and 142 BPM. Sarno crafted "Mana Wasa" with a group of crackling vinyl samples of African singing and flute playing, which he intertwined with a thumping four-on-the-floor beat, hypnotic synth melodies, and a ton of percussion elements. It's a great extension of the kuduro style we're familiar with, and piques our already budding interest in the other three tracks Volume II has to offer.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player