Regina "Saanko Jäädä Yöksi? (Ghosts on Tape Remix)"
The translation of "Saanko Jäädä Yöksi?," the first single from Finnish electronic twee-pop trio Regina's new album, Puutarhatrilogia, into English is "Can I Stay the Night?". But if you're listening to Ghosts on Tape's (pictured above) remix of the song, it comes across much more like "I'm Not Going Anywhere, So Let's Fucking Dance." The drastic shift in vibe and genre (from lighthearted pop tune to late-night club heater) might lead one to wonder what—outside of the etheral vocal samples that waft in and out of earshot—exactly did producer Ryan Merry use from the original song to color in the thick rhythms of his version. Really though, it doesn't matter; the tune crafted by Ghosts on Tape is full of enough of his own style (crunchy tropical percussion, floating melodic elements, massive wallops of bass, and hypnotic rave tendencies) to allow his production to stand confidently with or without the "remix" tag.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player