Regina "Saanko Jäädä Yöksi? (Ghosts on Tape Remix)"
The translation of "Saanko Jäädä Yöksi?," the first single from Finnish electronic twee-pop trio Regina's new album, Puutarhatrilogia, into English is "Can I Stay the Night?". But if you're listening to Ghosts on Tape's (pictured above) remix of the song, it comes across much more like "I'm Not Going Anywhere, So Let's Fucking Dance." The drastic shift in vibe and genre (from lighthearted pop tune to late-night club heater) might lead one to wonder what—outside of the etheral vocal samples that waft in and out of earshot—exactly did producer Ryan Merry use from the original song to color in the thick rhythms of his version. Really though, it doesn't matter; the tune crafted by Ghosts on Tape is full of enough of his own style (crunchy tropical percussion, floating melodic elements, massive wallops of bass, and hypnotic rave tendencies) to allow his production to stand confidently with or without the "remix" tag.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player