Asura "Silver Trees"
Here's another piece of patently atmospheric beat music from LA's Ryan York (a.k.a. Asura). "Silver Trees" is the first piece from a forthcoming split album comprised of five tracks from Asura, also dubbed Silver Trees, and three from Non Projects label head Brian Simon (a.k.a. Anenon), called Damiel. Here, York's production exists in an interesting middle place between club-ready, low-end-dedicated rhythms and ethereal synth and vocal melodies. It brings to mind the work from fellow SoCal producers Baths or Nosaj Thing, but with a larger element of aural texture and melodic fog blowing into the mix from unknown places.
Silver Trees / Damiel will be available July 13.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player