Finnish disco-house producer Koobra's music aims straight for the dancefloor, not unlike his work with Helsinki 78-82. But while that project aims towards the DIY raves populated by todays' youth, his solo moniker is slanted more towards a futuristic 1980s night club. On "Thrills," filtered pad synths, spacey arpeggiated melodies, and bouncing bass lines all work in tandem over a simple dance beat to effectively harken to a realm where Blade Runner and The Running Man are more fact than fiction.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player