Finnish disco-house producer Koobra's music aims straight for the dancefloor, not unlike his work with Helsinki 78-82. But while that project aims towards the DIY raves populated by todays' youth, his solo moniker is slanted more towards a futuristic 1980s night club. On "Thrills," filtered pad synths, spacey arpeggiated melodies, and bouncing bass lines all work in tandem over a simple dance beat to effectively harken to a realm where Blade Runner and The Running Man are more fact than fiction.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player