DJ Elmoe "Whea Yo Ghost At, Whea Yo Dead Man"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Chicago's juke and footwork scenes have been bubbling for years, but now that Planet Mu has officially signed young producer DJ Nate, the hyperactive sound is blowing up on a whole new level. Whether it's "witch house" bands in Brooklyn name-checking juke as an influence, or UK funky producers slipping juke tracks into their sets, lots of ears are locked in to the Chicago underground. This tune comes from another young producer, DJ Elmoe, who pairs juke's traditional breakneck bass tones and snapping hi-hats with a surprisingly pretty pitch-shifted vocal sample. More songs like this please. (via 20 Jazz Funk Greats)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player