Tokimonsta, Lunice, and Swede:art "Alpenglow "
One of the female members of LA's beat scene, Tokimonsta paired up with Montreal's Lunice, and German producer Swede:art to present us with a fresh tune off of the Various Assets compilation, coming soon via Red Bull Music Academy. Their collaborative song, "Alpenglow," matches Lunice's crunchy beat with Swede:art's soulful key tickling and Toki's squelchy bass synth explorations—creating a shuffling, spacey R&B-flavored tune wholly unique from each producer's separate styles. It's something you can expect more of from the likes of James Pants, Katy B, Space Dimension Controller, Dâm-Funk, Hudson Mohawke, and many of the other producers involved with this year's RBMA in London when Various Assets is released July 19.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player