Tokimonsta, Lunice, and Swede:art "Alpenglow "
One of the female members of LA's beat scene, Tokimonsta paired up with Montreal's Lunice, and German producer Swede:art to present us with a fresh tune off of the Various Assets compilation, coming soon via Red Bull Music Academy. Their collaborative song, "Alpenglow," matches Lunice's crunchy beat with Swede:art's soulful key tickling and Toki's squelchy bass synth explorations—creating a shuffling, spacey R&B-flavored tune wholly unique from each producer's separate styles. It's something you can expect more of from the likes of James Pants, Katy B, Space Dimension Controller, Dâm-Funk, Hudson Mohawke, and many of the other producers involved with this year's RBMA in London when Various Assets is released July 19.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player