Them Jeans "Balloons"
The latest single from Dim Mak's resident DJ Them Jeans is the tunesmith's inaugural release as part of the ever-expanding Top Billin artist stable. His new track, "Balloons," is a big, bass-laden future-house number with a buoyant dance beat and lots of woozy synth work filling out most of its five and a half minutes. Jeans' production seems content enough to stay rooted in only a few relatively even-keeled movements, as it never quite crescendos with the bombastic effects favored by his hyperactive Dim Mak peers.
The Balloons EP, with remixes from LOL Boys, Mad Decent's DJA, and Camo UFOs, is out now.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player