Them Jeans "Balloons"
The latest single from Dim Mak's resident DJ Them Jeans is the tunesmith's inaugural release as part of the ever-expanding Top Billin artist stable. His new track, "Balloons," is a big, bass-laden future-house number with a buoyant dance beat and lots of woozy synth work filling out most of its five and a half minutes. Jeans' production seems content enough to stay rooted in only a few relatively even-keeled movements, as it never quite crescendos with the bombastic effects favored by his hyperactive Dim Mak peers.
The Balloons EP, with remixes from LOL Boys, Mad Decent's DJA, and Camo UFOs, is out now.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player