El Guincho "Bombay"
As our introduction to his upcoming sophomore record, Pop Negro, Barcelona's tropically minded El Guincho just shared "Bombay," one of the producer's most straightforward and pop-friendly songs to date. Music maker Pablo Díaz-Reixa has pushed his bouncing beats into the foreground, left his island-inspired melodies unencumbered by tape hiss or vinyl crackle, let some floating sound effects occupy most of the background, and centered the whole production around his energetic, Spanish-sung vocal hooks. It's certainly less hazy and warbled than the music that initially wooed us into El Guincho's realm, but it's remarkably gratifying to hear that lovably accessible pop music suits his sound just as well.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player