ceo "Everything Is Gonna Be Alright"
Lots of bands and producers seem to use the whole 'elusive artist' schtick as a crutch, trying to add an element of mystery to music that's nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Hidden faces, uncertain origins, and poorly defined band line-up aside, ceo makes music that is actually unfamiliar and blurry enough to be called mysterious. "Everything Is Gonna Be Alright," a bonus track not found on the outfit's debut, White Magic, carries a mixed bag of influences—dubstep bass and rhythms, Balearic fuzz and buoyance, tropical instrumentation, simple pop harmonies, and club-inspired vocal sampling—that mesh into a sound as ambiguous as it is inviting. The song is a standard length, but feels like an all-too-brief glimpse into a realm of new musical possibilities.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player