ceo "Everything Is Gonna Be Alright"
Lots of bands and producers seem to use the whole 'elusive artist' schtick as a crutch, trying to add an element of mystery to music that's nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Hidden faces, uncertain origins, and poorly defined band line-up aside, ceo makes music that is actually unfamiliar and blurry enough to be called mysterious. "Everything Is Gonna Be Alright," a bonus track not found on the outfit's debut, White Magic, carries a mixed bag of influences—dubstep bass and rhythms, Balearic fuzz and buoyance, tropical instrumentation, simple pop harmonies, and club-inspired vocal sampling—that mesh into a sound as ambiguous as it is inviting. The song is a standard length, but feels like an all-too-brief glimpse into a realm of new musical possibilities.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player