ceo "Everything Is Gonna Be Alright"
Lots of bands and producers seem to use the whole 'elusive artist' schtick as a crutch, trying to add an element of mystery to music that's nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Hidden faces, uncertain origins, and poorly defined band line-up aside, ceo makes music that is actually unfamiliar and blurry enough to be called mysterious. "Everything Is Gonna Be Alright," a bonus track not found on the outfit's debut, White Magic, carries a mixed bag of influences—dubstep bass and rhythms, Balearic fuzz and buoyance, tropical instrumentation, simple pop harmonies, and club-inspired vocal sampling—that mesh into a sound as ambiguous as it is inviting. The song is a standard length, but feels like an all-too-brief glimpse into a realm of new musical possibilities.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player