Sepalcure "Feeling That I Know So Well"
You've got to be a bit excited for Hotflush. Between the recent releases of Scuba's Triangulation album, the potentially game-changing debut record from Mount Kimbie, and the Love Pressure EP from Brooklyn's Sepalcure, a collaboration between Travis Stewart (a.k.a. Machinedrum) and Praveen Sharma (of Praveen & Benoît), the label's catalog seems to only get better and better with each new addition. "Feeling That I Know So Well" isn't actually on a proper Hotflush release, but it does speak to the excellent quality of bass music the label keeps company with. Sepalcure's production is rooted in club-friendly genres across the map, house acapellas, dubstep basslines, techno synth tones, and the swagger of beat music, but it takes those separate pieces into a different realm where overwhelming soundsystem music and precious headphone compositions coexist.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player