Sepalcure "Feeling That I Know So Well"
You've got to be a bit excited for Hotflush. Between the recent releases of Scuba's Triangulation album, the potentially game-changing debut record from Mount Kimbie, and the Love Pressure EP from Brooklyn's Sepalcure, a collaboration between Travis Stewart (a.k.a. Machinedrum) and Praveen Sharma (of Praveen & Benoît), the label's catalog seems to only get better and better with each new addition. "Feeling That I Know So Well" isn't actually on a proper Hotflush release, but it does speak to the excellent quality of bass music the label keeps company with. Sepalcure's production is rooted in club-friendly genres across the map, house acapellas, dubstep basslines, techno synth tones, and the swagger of beat music, but it takes those separate pieces into a different realm where overwhelming soundsystem music and precious headphone compositions coexist.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player