Sepalcure "Feeling That I Know So Well"
You've got to be a bit excited for Hotflush. Between the recent releases of Scuba's Triangulation album, the potentially game-changing debut record from Mount Kimbie, and the Love Pressure EP from Brooklyn's Sepalcure, a collaboration between Travis Stewart (a.k.a. Machinedrum) and Praveen Sharma (of Praveen & Benoît), the label's catalog seems to only get better and better with each new addition. "Feeling That I Know So Well" isn't actually on a proper Hotflush release, but it does speak to the excellent quality of bass music the label keeps company with. Sepalcure's production is rooted in club-friendly genres across the map, house acapellas, dubstep basslines, techno synth tones, and the swagger of beat music, but it takes those separate pieces into a different realm where overwhelming soundsystem music and precious headphone compositions coexist.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player