Sabo "Hey Hey Moombahton"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Seems like Dave Nada isn't the only one hard at work trying to spread the good word of his burgeoning moombahton sound. NY-based DJ/producer Sabo took apart last year's break-out house track, Dennis Ferrer's "Hey Hey," and gave it the tropical tweaks, bouncing rhythms, and noisy bits necessary to transform the number into a moombahton giant. On Sabo's SoundCloud page, the tunesmith remarks, "So many house heads are gonna hate me for this one, but fuck it, I'm having mad fun making these." We're pretty sure that's the attitude everyone should take when making music.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player