Urban Tribe "Insolitology"
It makes perfect sense that this track from Detroit's Sherard Ingram (a.k.a. Urban Tribe) comes courtesy of Carl Craig's Planet E label; the vintage aesthetic and warm analog timbres are wholly reminiscent of fellow Craig cohort Etienne Jaumet. From Ingram's recently released Loyal Opposition EP, "Insolitology" takes you on a relatively slow-paced, scenic journey through wavering synth melodies and sparse bits of spacey sonics, all floating along past the song's elegantly tumbling bassline and steady house beat that carry you the whole way. By the time it drops you off at the five-minute mark, you'll be ready for whatever intergalactic excursion Urban Tribe has in store next.
Loyal Opposition is on sale now right here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player