Christopher Willits "Light Into Branches"
OK, maybe we're a little biased when it comes to Christopher Willits. The guy is from our town (SF pride, wooo!!!) and happens to be a studio wizard—check all those episodes of What You Talkin' Bout, Willits? on XLR8R TV for proof—but he also happens to make some downright sublime pop music. Maybe not pop in the Top 40 sense of the word, but certainly in the sense that "hey, I could definitely see myself humming this later." "Light Into Branches" comes from his just-released Tiger Flower Circle Sun album, and finds Willits blending his soft vocals and acoustic guitar notes with some warbling electronics and hazy melodies. It's a mellow track, the sort of thing that sounds perfect when the sun is going down and you're wrapping up a lazy summer afternoon.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player