Blondes "Moondance (Oneohtrix Point Never Sundial Mix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
This Oneohtrix Point Never remix of Blondes' "Moondance" has been floating around the internet for a few months, but we never got around to posting it and, more importantly, we're once again in the grips of Blondes fever, as the Brooklyn duo has finally unveiled its official debut, the Touched EP, on the Merok label. While the original "Moondance" is a blissfully building piece of handmade techno powered by washy analog synths and a pulsing backbeat, OPN's take strips out all the dancefloor vibes and instead focuses on layering spaced-out synths on top of one another. The remix may not be suitable for peak time at the party, but when it's 5 a.m. and you're sleepily settling into a corner while waiting for your friends to reemerge from whatever shady holes they crawled into earlier in the evening, this song could serve as an awfully cozy sonic pillow.
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- NewsGerd Readies New 12" for DFTD; Preview It Now
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player