Blondes "Moondance (Oneohtrix Point Never Sundial Mix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
This Oneohtrix Point Never remix of Blondes' "Moondance" has been floating around the internet for a few months, but we never got around to posting it and, more importantly, we're once again in the grips of Blondes fever, as the Brooklyn duo has finally unveiled its official debut, the Touched EP, on the Merok label. While the original "Moondance" is a blissfully building piece of handmade techno powered by washy analog synths and a pulsing backbeat, OPN's take strips out all the dancefloor vibes and instead focuses on layering spaced-out synths on top of one another. The remix may not be suitable for peak time at the party, but when it's 5 a.m. and you're sleepily settling into a corner while waiting for your friends to reemerge from whatever shady holes they crawled into earlier in the evening, this song could serve as an awfully cozy sonic pillow.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player