Spoek Mathambo "Mshini Wam"
The title track from South African DJ/producer/vocalist/graphic artist Spoek Mathambo's forthcoming debut album is a bubbling piece of club-friendly riddims, rubbery basslines, and sparse synth hooks pulled together around playful vocal work. Mathambo handles the bulk of the MC duties, but brings in a group of ladies to help fill out the chorus of "Mshini Wam" and its "Little Drummer Boy"-referencing refrain. Months before the album comes out September 13, the track's official single will be released July 27, along with "Gwababa (Don't Be Scared)" and remixes from the likes of Schlachthofbronx, Subtitle, Krazy Fiesta, Canblaster, and many more.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player