Solar Bears "Neon Colony"
This warming bit of analog sonics comes to us from Dublin's latest Planet Mu signees, Solar Bears. The duo has crafted one of the more uplifting electronic tunes to be heard as of late on "Neon Colony," from the forthcoming She Was Colored In album. Amidst a backdrop of steady drum-machine beats and a handful of vintage synth tones, John Kowalski and Rian Trench introduce an unexpected bit of slide guitar riffage that effectively takes the composition to another level of inspiring melody. The instrument eventually fades away and allows twinkling synths to overtake the track—not unlike watching a slow sunset transition into a brightly lit night sky. (via 20JFG)
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player