Annie "Songs Remind Me of You (The Swiss & Donnie Sloan Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Norweigan electro-pop sweetheart Annie released Don't Stop late last year, and although the record didn't really, as the kids say, 'blow up,' it still had some serious jams that made us want to invent some kind of rollerskate-powered time machine that exclusively stopped in mid- to late-'80s dance clubs. "Songs Remind Me of You" was definitely one of our favorites, and now it's been revived on this remix by Australian outfit The Swiss. The guys have stretched out the song's sticky hooks over nearly six minutes, and steered things in a disco direction without slipping into cornball territory. If you like the results, you might want to check out The Swiss on their first US tour, as the band will be playing live in select cities later this month—check their MySpace page for all the details.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player