MIA "Tekquilla (feat. Nicki Minaj)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
It probably goes without saying, but MIA's upcoming quasi-self-titled third album, /\/\ /\ Y /\, is sure to be oddly accessible, completely meta, and predictably off-center; so it's no surprise that those three phrases go a long way toward describing this extended version of "Tekquilla," the latest cut to creep out from the tightly guarded new record. The track features rap star Nicki Minaj for a quick verse, which, despite being totally tacked on at random, proves a solid wingman for Maya's sing-song vocals. And though they were never mentioned as possible production contributors, we wouldn't be entirely shocked if Basement Jaxx were credited with the instrumental, as it's overwrought with innumerable micro-samples, blaring synths and sound effects from the repertoire of the re-emerging rave era, and an all-around air of bombastic noise pollution. Still, this is pop music at its most modern and innovative form. (via FADER)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player