Oscar McClure "Weeds"
This cut from Oscar McClure's forthcoming album for matthewdavid's Leaving label, Compost (that's the artwork up top), may be a short piece, but it wastes no time getting to the point. After a quick moment of harsh scratching noise, "Weeds" settles on a thick rhythm that sounds like it emanates from the rumbling core of an industrial power plant. The beat's elements themselves seem like purely organic sounds deconstructed and reformed into a vignette of otherworldly beat music, much more of which will be available when McClure's full-length is released July 27 with an album of remixes from the likes of Teebs, Baths, Asura, and matthewdavid.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player