Oscar McClure "Weeds"
This cut from Oscar McClure's forthcoming album for matthewdavid's Leaving label, Compost (that's the artwork up top), may be a short piece, but it wastes no time getting to the point. After a quick moment of harsh scratching noise, "Weeds" settles on a thick rhythm that sounds like it emanates from the rumbling core of an industrial power plant. The beat's elements themselves seem like purely organic sounds deconstructed and reformed into a vignette of otherworldly beat music, much more of which will be available when McClure's full-length is released July 27 with an album of remixes from the likes of Teebs, Baths, Asura, and matthewdavid.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player