Oscar McClure "Weeds"
This cut from Oscar McClure's forthcoming album for matthewdavid's Leaving label, Compost (that's the artwork up top), may be a short piece, but it wastes no time getting to the point. After a quick moment of harsh scratching noise, "Weeds" settles on a thick rhythm that sounds like it emanates from the rumbling core of an industrial power plant. The beat's elements themselves seem like purely organic sounds deconstructed and reformed into a vignette of otherworldly beat music, much more of which will be available when McClure's full-length is released July 27 with an album of remixes from the likes of Teebs, Baths, Asura, and matthewdavid.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player