Harkin & Raney "Word to the Wise"
It's always a tricky proposition when well-respected DJs decide to make a foray into production after years of simply spinning records for throngs of appreciative clubbers. After all, selecting tunes is a much different proposition than making them. NY's Eamon Harkin is one such case, as the Northern Ireland native has been lighting up Big Apple dancefloors for years and throws well-respected parties such as Sunday Best and Mister Saturday Night. Apart from his success behind the decks, Harkin has increasingly been stepping up his production efforts, both as a solo artist and as one-half of Harkin & Raney, a partnership with Brooklyn's Steve Raney (a.k.a. Oneauff). Next week, the duo is releasing the Word to the Wise EP on The Rapture's Throne of Blood label and, if the title track is any indication, the boys have cooked up a delicious aural brew that happily invokes classic house while employing techno precision and just a touch of disco bump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player