Chromeo "Don't Turn the Lights On (Aeroplane Remix)"
We recently posted the video for Chromeo's latest single, "Don't Turn the Lights On," and while the eye-popping (literally) clip struck us as a little creepy, this Aeroplane remix of the song might be best described as a little sleazy, as the Belgian producer takes the original version's Hall-and-Oates-esque synth-funk and stretches it out over a bouncing disco beat. It's the kind of music one would expect to hear in an episode of Miami Vice when Crockett & Tubbs have to bust some dealers at a nightclub. (That's a good thing, in case you're wondering.) Aeroplane's debut album, We Can't Fly, will be released in September, and in the meantime, he's put together a free DJ mix for public consumption. As for Chromeo, the duo's forthcoming full-length, Business Casual, will also see the light of day in September, but you can pre-order the album here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player