Starkey "Gasping for Air in this Void"
This previously unreleased slice of street bass heat from Philly native Starkey premiered the other day on FACT, and we just couldn't resist sharing it with our readers as well. "Gasping for Air in this Void" is introduced with a sample-based orchestral melody that sounds like it was lifted from one of hip-hop's strongest beatsmiths, but is quickly traded out for Starkey's trademarks: dirty bass synths, razor-sharp beat work, and intergalactic noise. The producer's hot new tune switches between a slow-grooving shuffle that could soundtrack a head-nodder's wet dream and a grimy breakdown that Three 6 Mafia ought to consider for its next mixtape—all before Starkey finishes "Void" off with skittering hi-hats and staccato synth melodies riding a booming 808 off into the distance.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player