Sutekh "The Glorious Day Has Dawned"
San Francisco's Sutekh hasn't released a proper full-length album since 2002. Eight years later, the solo artist is set to drop a new LP into his discography, the nine-track On Bach. And yes, the album is precisely what the title implies: a Bach-inspired set of intricate electronic orchestrations composed by producer Seth Horvitz. "The Glorious Day Has Dawned" is one such song, and features flitting synth pulses taking the place of what might normally be an enormous string section; warbling sound effects and miniscule clicks work out a beat with a booming 808 kick underneath it all. You can check out all of the details for Sutekh's On Bach album, as well as stream it in full before it's released on September 13, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player