Sutekh "The Glorious Day Has Dawned"
San Francisco's Sutekh hasn't released a proper full-length album since 2002. Eight years later, the solo artist is set to drop a new LP into his discography, the nine-track On Bach. And yes, the album is precisely what the title implies: a Bach-inspired set of intricate electronic orchestrations composed by producer Seth Horvitz. "The Glorious Day Has Dawned" is one such song, and features flitting synth pulses taking the place of what might normally be an enormous string section; warbling sound effects and miniscule clicks work out a beat with a booming 808 kick underneath it all. You can check out all of the details for Sutekh's On Bach album, as well as stream it in full before it's released on September 13, here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player