Sutekh "The Glorious Day Has Dawned"
San Francisco's Sutekh hasn't released a proper full-length album since 2002. Eight years later, the solo artist is set to drop a new LP into his discography, the nine-track On Bach. And yes, the album is precisely what the title implies: a Bach-inspired set of intricate electronic orchestrations composed by producer Seth Horvitz. "The Glorious Day Has Dawned" is one such song, and features flitting synth pulses taking the place of what might normally be an enormous string section; warbling sound effects and miniscule clicks work out a beat with a booming 808 kick underneath it all. You can check out all of the details for Sutekh's On Bach album, as well as stream it in full before it's released on September 13, here.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player