It seems not even the indie-pop songstresses that briefly grace Southern California's vast landscape can escape the rhythmic essence of that region's music scene. Like on "Home," our first peek into the much-anticipated debut album from former LA resident Glasser, Ring, the first sounds heard flesh out a rolling beat reminiscent of something from Flying Lotus' early work before the chanteuse's airy falsetto floats gently into the mix, nimbly executing vocal gymnastics in the most sublime of ways. And it's no wonder singer/songwriter Cameron Mesirow, who now keeps a Brooklyn address, called this welcoming song "Home"; once those synths commandingly charge in underneath her densely layered harmonies, you immediately get the sense that Mesirow is dreaming of returning to her own native lands (wherever those may be), or is already there, celebrating its wonders. This song couldn't excite us more for Ring's release on September 28.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player