Looking back, 2010 might wind up being thought of as the year dubstep got in touch with its feelings. Or perhaps it will just be the year that everyone remembered that the last Burial album was really amazing even though it didn't have any skull-crushing basslines with all the subtlety of a chainsaw. Come to think of it, brothers Howard and Guy Lawrence are so young—15 and 18, respectively—that who knows if they were even listening to dubstep when that Burial record came out in 2007. Well, if the boys, who produce together under the name Disclosure, continue making soulful tracks like "Linstigator," no one is really going to care what tunes they were rocking three years ago. The song's 2-step percussion, soft synths, and melancholy vocal snippets are wise beyond the brothers' years, and have us excited to hear the duo's debut 7", "Offline Dexterity"/"Street Light Chronicle," which is slated for release in early September. (via Pitchfork)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player