Zinja Hlungwani "N'wagezani My Love"
In recent weeks, the interwebs have been buzzing with excitement over Shangaan electro, a speedy dance sound from South Africa. Now here's the part where we're supposed to step in and act like some kind of authority and tell you all about this "new" and "exotic" sound and remark on its rich cultural history or spew out some other music-blog jibber-jabber. But let's just skip that little charade, because frankly, we're not going to act like we know everything and we had never even heard of Shangaan electro—and neither had 99.99999% of everyone else, might we add—until the folks from Honest Jon's put together the Shangaan Electro: New Wave Dance Music from South Africa compilation and tuned the planet into the music's crazy polyrhythms, 180-bpm marimba beats, and soulful vocals. "N'wagezani My Love" is just one sample, and after hearing it, we're definitely going back for additional helpings. (via Altered Zones)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player