Dream Boat "oOchre"
While trawling the web today, we came across a new blog-spawned genre name: screwgaze. Yes, it's obviously abhorrent, but it's only marginally worse than the other meaningless names people are tossing around, like witch house and drag. Yet ridiculous labels aside, something is clearly afoot, as the tide of bedroom producers has gone dark and a new sound is emerging. Instead of the cheery summer vibes explored by their chillwave—another genre title that still makes us cringe—counterparts, this new crop has a taste for the occult and loves screwing its melodies and vocals into fuzzy oblivion. Dream Boat is the latest player in the saga, and although the project is based in Providence, it's clearly in touch with similar-minded acts from around the continent, as "oOchre" is actually a cover of the song "No Summr4U" by San Francisco's oOoOO. The track is taken from Dream Boat's new EP, Fevers, which appears to have been released on cassette and is also available for free download (or purchase, for the kind-hearted) here.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player