Teebs "Personal Winter"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Apparently, this song is inspired by Teebs' time spent in Japan around November 2009. Expounding on that information, the producer said, "The weather was just starting to get cold [in Japan], but the sun was still out every morning around 8 a.m. ... When I came home, I made 'Personal Winter,' and instantly got sucked back into those early mornings." And you can feel that scene in his song, too; the bright guitar strums feel like rays of sunshine on your face, the thick atmosphere like your breath wafting from your mouth, and the rumble of the bass and beats like the sounds of the city surrounding you. The ability Teebs has to invoke those images within the passing moments of this brief track is just more evidence of his strengths as a creative and moving beatsmith. (via VTech)
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player