Teebs "Personal Winter"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Apparently, this song is inspired by Teebs' time spent in Japan around November 2009. Expounding on that information, the producer said, "The weather was just starting to get cold [in Japan], but the sun was still out every morning around 8 a.m. ... When I came home, I made 'Personal Winter,' and instantly got sucked back into those early mornings." And you can feel that scene in his song, too; the bright guitar strums feel like rays of sunshine on your face, the thick atmosphere like your breath wafting from your mouth, and the rumble of the bass and beats like the sounds of the city surrounding you. The ability Teebs has to invoke those images within the passing moments of this brief track is just more evidence of his strengths as a creative and moving beatsmith. (via VTech)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player