Small Black "Photojournalist"
As we reported just last week, Brooklyn's DIY dream-pop outfit Small Black just finished work on its debut album, New Chain, and is set to release it on October 26 via Jagjaguwar. This track is the first single to be heard from that record, and it's chock full of all the woozy synth tones, mildly thumping dance beats, and hushed vocal work fans of the quartet have come to know and love. While the sound of "Photojournalist" is thick and filled to the brim with punchy sonics, it's the subtleties of the poignant instrumentation and the heartwarming sentiment delivered by the lyrics that draw us to Small Black's song. Being emotional in music is easy, but being graceful and understated—while still driving your point home—is something else entirely.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player