Kanji Kinetic "Thrill Seeka"
Bristol-based DJ/producer Kanji Kinetic just dropped the Thrill Seeka EP, a fresh release of club-appropriate bass music on Chrissy Murderbot's Sleazetone label. The record's title track is an energetic future-house tune with all the fixins; a skittering dance beat, pitch-shifted vocal samples, super-juiced basslines, and just the slightest touch of synth melody. For the most part, "Thrill Seeka" is a pretty atonal number that relies more on various sound effects to color in the parts where many producer's would place melodic elements. So the few times Kinetic does drop in the song's rave-y synth hook, it adds a completely unexpected and welcome layer to an already great dance track. You can hear more of the five-song EP, including the Kingdom and Krazy Fiesta remixes of this tune, over on the Sleazetone Soundcloud page.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player