Andreya Triana "A Town Called Obsolete (Mount Kimbie Remix)"
Either Andreya Triana sold her soul to the gods of electronic music or she's just got awesome connections. Case in point: she follows the brilliant Flying Lotus remix of her "Lost Where I Belong" song (a collaboration most anyone would pine for, at this point) with another re-work produced by one of the hottest outfits in post-dubstep, Mount Kimbie (pictured above). And yes, Kai Campos and Dominic Maker deliver another bit of their trademark sound—complete with the pops, clicks, fuzz, bass, and soul that we've so thoroughly enjoyed on Kimbie's Crooks & Lovers debut. The duo's treatment of "A Town Called Obsolete" works especially well thanks to the natural pairing of the R&B-flavored instrumental with Triana's buttery vocal work; it sounds like something we might hear from Mary J. Blige decades from now.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player