Andreya Triana "A Town Called Obsolete (Mount Kimbie Remix)"
Either Andreya Triana sold her soul to the gods of electronic music or she's just got awesome connections. Case in point: she follows the brilliant Flying Lotus remix of her "Lost Where I Belong" song (a collaboration most anyone would pine for, at this point) with another re-work produced by one of the hottest outfits in post-dubstep, Mount Kimbie (pictured above). And yes, Kai Campos and Dominic Maker deliver another bit of their trademark sound—complete with the pops, clicks, fuzz, bass, and soul that we've so thoroughly enjoyed on Kimbie's Crooks & Lovers debut. The duo's treatment of "A Town Called Obsolete" works especially well thanks to the natural pairing of the R&B-flavored instrumental with Triana's buttery vocal work; it sounds like something we might hear from Mary J. Blige decades from now.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player