Andreya Triana "A Town Called Obsolete (Mount Kimbie Remix)"
Either Andreya Triana sold her soul to the gods of electronic music or she's just got awesome connections. Case in point: she follows the brilliant Flying Lotus remix of her "Lost Where I Belong" song (a collaboration most anyone would pine for, at this point) with another re-work produced by one of the hottest outfits in post-dubstep, Mount Kimbie (pictured above). And yes, Kai Campos and Dominic Maker deliver another bit of their trademark sound—complete with the pops, clicks, fuzz, bass, and soul that we've so thoroughly enjoyed on Kimbie's Crooks & Lovers debut. The duo's treatment of "A Town Called Obsolete" works especially well thanks to the natural pairing of the R&B-flavored instrumental with Triana's buttery vocal work; it sounds like something we might hear from Mary J. Blige decades from now.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player