Andreya Triana "A Town Called Obsolete (Mount Kimbie Remix)"
Either Andreya Triana sold her soul to the gods of electronic music or she's just got awesome connections. Case in point: she follows the brilliant Flying Lotus remix of her "Lost Where I Belong" song (a collaboration most anyone would pine for, at this point) with another re-work produced by one of the hottest outfits in post-dubstep, Mount Kimbie (pictured above). And yes, Kai Campos and Dominic Maker deliver another bit of their trademark sound—complete with the pops, clicks, fuzz, bass, and soul that we've so thoroughly enjoyed on Kimbie's Crooks & Lovers debut. The duo's treatment of "A Town Called Obsolete" works especially well thanks to the natural pairing of the R&B-flavored instrumental with Triana's buttery vocal work; it sounds like something we might hear from Mary J. Blige decades from now.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player