With their latest album, Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love, released yesterday, the SA-RA boys are ready to share the love, as well as another track from the album. This time around, Erykah Badu stepped in to lend some vocals to the L.A.-based band's jazzy, broken-beat number.
Downloads - Page 624
Our man Del the Funky Homosapien has a career that spans two decades and 14 albums, the latest of which is Funk Man (The Stimulus Package). Ever the socially conscious artist, Del's well aware of our troubled times on the album, and he doesn't hold back discussing them. Bonus: the entire album is available for free right now.
Three "Ps" best describe Explode Into Colors—post, punk, and Portland. The all-girl trio recently signed to Kill Rock Stars and is hard at work on a debut album. In the meantime, here's an instrumental saxophone version of their song "Paper." Photo by Stephen Sharrett.
The ghettotech psych-hipsters in NYC’s Lemonade have been active on the remix front as of late, with every track they touch turning to pure gold. With that in mind, the trio’s remix of this track from True Panther's resident chanteuse Glasser (a.k.a. Cameron Mesirow) is the most radiant nugget in the pot. Not included on the recently released Apply 12", this remix is exclusive to XLR8R.
Following a pair of exceptional remixes for Jens Lekman and Al Usher, Sweden’s Italo queen Sally Shapiro is the next customer in line to receive the remix treatment from DJ and producer Bogdan Irkük (a.k.a. Bulgari). The original was snagged from Shapiro’s upcoming sophomore release, My Guilty Pleasure, but this clubby, bass-driven remix grandstands as an ocean of sex appeal, with plenty of sultry synth work to go around.
Jahdan Blakkamoore's career took a radical left turn when he first collaborated with MC 77Klash and Matt Shadetek for "Brooklyn Anthem." The parties have reunited for this track, which is the first jam off Blakkamoore's forthcoming Bazooka Shot mixtape, which he made alongside Shadetek's Dutty Artz crew. Meanwhile, his Buzzrock Warrior album—a fusion of dancehall, dubstep, grime, and cumbia—will drop September 15.
Can a rock band be Balearic? If so, Spanish quartet Delorean certainly fits the bill. Their latest track is a sunny slice of dance pop—exactly the kind of thing we'd like to bump while kicking it on a beach in Catalunya. As cited earlier this year, the group's focus of late has been a brand-new EP, Ayrton Senna, which is finally available via Fluokids offshoot Fool House. Photo by Nacho Alegre.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player