Downloads - Page 641
Julian Carnrite and Kevin Schmidt, of Vancouver-based synth-pop group Christine, will release their debut EP, Good Ideas, next week on Moodgadget, but we at XLR8R are bringing you an exclusive Cassettes Won’t Listen remix of the EP’s single, “Cool Your Shoes,” to enjoy in the meantime. This remix gives Carnrite and Schmidt’s decidedly give-a-shit vocal delivery and straightforward pop hooks a shot of grainy bass and oscillating top synths. Good Ideas is out April 21.
Frequent Spank Rock collaborator Amanda Blank's forthcoming album might be called I Love You, but the first track off the release is, it seems, about all things lust related. "I might like you better/if we slept together," she raps over a bouncy, bassy rhythm, and that's about the tamest line you'll find on this track. I Love You is out July 14.
Here comes more Mochipet madness. The weirdo-hop maestro takes on Atlanta-based hip-hop collective Dem Franchize Boys for his next project, turning the group's track "I Think They Like Me" into a frantic future-blap number packed end-to-end with electronics.
Brooklyn's power duo—MC 77Klash and beatmaker Matt Shadetek—drops another bass-heavy track, this one with a staggered rhythm section and sharp-as-nails lyrical spitfire. The track is off Klash's forthcoming new album, No Fear.
Monika Enterprise founder Gudrun Gut kicked off 2009 by releasing the digital-only Apples, Pears & Deer in Poland EP, a sampler of electronic compositions that includes two brand-new tracks and one remix by Thomas Fehlmann. Here's the moody, post-techno title track, of which we showcase a special edit here. If you ever wondered what winter in Berlin sounds like, take a listen. Apples, Pears & Deer in Poland is out now. Photo by Malte Ludwigs.
Nosaj Thing is a name often uttered in the same sentence as Flying Lotus, Daedelus, and Lazer Sword. The L.A.-based producer—who is a key member of his city's hip-hop-via-IDM-noise scene—will soon release his debut full-length, Drift, on Alpha Pup (who seems to release all those guys' work). Here he brings us the track "Coat of Arms," in all its distorted handclap glory.
Drift is out June 9.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player