Often called the "poster boy" of the dubstep world, Croydon, U.K.-based producer and XLR8R covers star Skream brings another track of bass-heavy mayhem to your desktop. Read more about this bedroom producer-turned international music star here.
Downloads - Page 676
Currently on tour with Crystal Castles and being hailed as the band to watch in 2008 is Health, the Los Angeles-based noise-rock outfit with a reputation for making crowds dance with its antics. Get a taste of these guys' self-titled debut album with this track, remixed here by Baltimore trio Thrust Lab.
Don Cavalli hails from France, but you'd never know it listening to his album Cryland. The postmodern folk release captures the spirit of Americana with as much precision as a long-faced man in a Nashville bar, and Cavalli also maintains originality by incorporating electronic elements into the songs via his laptop. The album's heart lies somewhere between gospel, soul, and lo-fil electronic music.
Asthmatic Kitty's resident Renaissance man furnished XLR8R with this exclusive track, which seems to encompass every genre and instrument on the planet. No surprise there. Rafter Roberts is known for love of eclecticism, having spent his youth darting between punk bands, house shows, and everything in between. His recently released Music for Total Chickens album is a bizarro pop music journey, with twisted time signatures, distorted guitars, and drums that sound as though they're having a wresting match.
Frenchman Débruit's latest LP finds the man and his machines making danceable bangers so varied in style they sound as though each could have been made by a different producer. From its Modeselektor-esque synth jams to drum programming à la Flying Lotus, Coupé Décalé will likely be on the hard drives of every DJ's digital set from here to Copenhagen.
Super Furry Animals member Gruff Rhys and L.A. experimental hip-hop producer Boom Bip have joined forces for Stainless Style, an album packed with synths and vocoders, and centered around the life of engineer John DeLorean (the dude who invented the sports car in Back to the Future). If that weren't enough of a party, Spank Rock, Yo Majesty, and Fat Lip all stop in for guest appearances.
Producer and designer Diego Chavez holds quite the musical resume for being only 23. From participating in hip-hop groups and rock bands to making downtempo on the side, he seems bent on exploring as many different types of music as possible. As Otic Angst, he steps into electro territory, with a soul flavor to it that's sharp and memorable.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player