This Tokyo-based trio just debuted in 2007 with the 20-track, beat-heavy Cycling EP, in addition to numerous gigs and spots on compilations. Percussion is the name of the game for Super Smoky Soul, whether it's live drums, programmed ones, pounded keyboards and synths, and even the vocals, which, though sparse, provide their own unique beat.
Downloads - Page 725
After the release of 2005's Sunburnt Eyelids, Kel Mckeown, better known as Kelpe went on a three-year hiatus in search of sound on the lake shores of Europe. Ex-Aquarium, his forthcoming full-length for DC, is the result of this time, and full of echoes, sparse drums, humming synths, and cracks and crunches galore.
Daedelus shows off his production chops and his good citizenship with this new track, a disco-flavored, rap-infused house number. Part of his Fire Magic Blood side project, the track features Shafiq Husayn and Taz Arnold, and, of course, shows support for Barack Obama on this Super Tuesday.
Though a release date has yet to be named for Unity and Segmentation, Christopher Todd's latest album under his Phylum Sinter guise, he is making sure fans have plenty to satiate their appetites in the meantime. The album's mini-site will feature news, progress, thoughts related to the release, pictures, and more. And of course, download this track for a preview of what's to come.
L.A.-based Giovanni Marks and Thavius Beck join forces as Lab Waste once again, back with more of the unconventional hip-hip and electronic delirium we've come to expect from the duo. Taken from their forthcoming B.E.A.R. release, this track finds the underground veterans dabbling in Dirty South territory, complete with extended chopped-and-screwed uber-outro. Dangerous.
Safe and Sound marks Justus Koehncke's third long-player for Michael Mayer's esteemed Kompakt imprint. Here, the troubadour-turned-electronic music machine lets his trademark disco rip through each track at a wonderfully aggressive pace. Put this track on the turntable and watch the dancefloor smoke.
Marbert Rocel is Compost’s latest signee, and the trio of Marcel Aue, Robert Krause, and Antje Seifarth pack their debut full-length, Speed Emotions with a frenzy of house, jazz, and electro. Emotionally intense, the tracks on this album are equally appropriate for the dancefloor or a quiet night at home.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player