The Hours "Ali in the Jungle (Beg to Differ Dub)"
NYC's Beg to Differ (pictured above) is a collaboration between local heroes Nick Chacona and Wurst label head Roy Dank (a.k.a. My Cousin Roy). The duo has been mucking around in the studio since last year, and now they've released a few of their remixes on a new EP. Simply entitled The Remixes, the a-side includes a killer re-work of Afrobeat heavyweights Bibi Tanga & The Selenites, while we've got the b-side, a remix of UK indie outfit The Hours. Beg to Differ's dub workout is a pulsing disco-house number punctuated by some emotive strings, a thumping bassline, and some choice early-'90s synths. And for those looking to savor a little more of The Hours' vocal stylings, the digital version of The Remixes EP also includes a proper remix of the song.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player