The Hours "Ali in the Jungle (Beg to Differ Dub)"
NYC's Beg to Differ (pictured above) is a collaboration between local heroes Nick Chacona and Wurst label head Roy Dank (a.k.a. My Cousin Roy). The duo has been mucking around in the studio since last year, and now they've released a few of their remixes on a new EP. Simply entitled The Remixes, the a-side includes a killer re-work of Afrobeat heavyweights Bibi Tanga & The Selenites, while we've got the b-side, a remix of UK indie outfit The Hours. Beg to Differ's dub workout is a pulsing disco-house number punctuated by some emotive strings, a thumping bassline, and some choice early-'90s synths. And for those looking to savor a little more of The Hours' vocal stylings, the digital version of The Remixes EP also includes a proper remix of the song.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player