Eskmo "Come Back"
Geographical proximity and recent label-sharing aside, it's no wonder Eskmo is Amon Tobin's kindred production partner; everything the Bay Area tunesmith and recent Ninja Tune signee creates just sounds amazing. Even on his b-sides, like "Come Back" from the Cloudlight EP, preciously crafted organic textures writhe and squirm underneath smashing rhythms made of an amalgam of living samples and field recordings—the total number of which only producer Brendan Angelides is likely to know. Couple that with the song's swelling synth melodies and Eskmo's disembodied rasp, and you've got a production many music makers would love to include on their proper full-length. Angelides' debut self-titled album drops on October 19, but if you feel so inclined to catch him before that, check out his upcoming tour dates here.
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player