School of Seven Bells "Heart Is Strange (Active Child Remix)"
It's an ideal pairing: the dreamy electronics of LA's Active Child with the airy shoegaze of NY's School of Seven Bells (pictured above). The two outfits will be sharing wax space on a split 7" coming out on October 26 courtesy of Lefse, with each artist contributing a remix of the other's music. Active Child nabs a track off of School of Seven Bells' latest album, Disconnect From Desire, and strips the song of its synth-propelled driving force, instead giving it a bright swirl of harp and vocal arrangements centered around a slow drum-machine beat. That said, synths still play a large part in this remix of "Heart Is Strange," and after the mid-point of the song, a warm bass timbre slowly rises into the forefront of the production, giving the rest of the floating sonics something sturdy to hold on to.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player