School of Seven Bells "Heart Is Strange (Active Child Remix)"
It's an ideal pairing: the dreamy electronics of LA's Active Child with the airy shoegaze of NY's School of Seven Bells (pictured above). The two outfits will be sharing wax space on a split 7" coming out on October 26 courtesy of Lefse, with each artist contributing a remix of the other's music. Active Child nabs a track off of School of Seven Bells' latest album, Disconnect From Desire, and strips the song of its synth-propelled driving force, instead giving it a bright swirl of harp and vocal arrangements centered around a slow drum-machine beat. That said, synths still play a large part in this remix of "Heart Is Strange," and after the mid-point of the song, a warm bass timbre slowly rises into the forefront of the production, giving the rest of the floating sonics something sturdy to hold on to.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player