Shed "No Way!"
Just in case you have yet to catch our feature on Berlin's Shed in the most recent issue of XLR8R (and if you haven't been reading a single word from the electronic music press of late), producer René Pawlowitz just released his second full-length album for Ostgut Ton, entitled The Traveller. As expected, it's a great record, as this cut from LP shows with ease and assurance. "No Way!" employs a small number of sounds—a thick rumbling, just enough samples to construct a pared-down beat, and one solid synth melody nearly sum it up—in comparison to a large amount of contemporary electronic music, distancing the inspired artist from the rest of the post-dub-tech-whatchamacallit pack. The point has been harped on, but it bears repeating: Shed's gonna do whatever Shed wants to do. Thank your lucky stars that's the case. (via Little White Earbuds)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player