Shed "No Way!"
Just in case you have yet to catch our feature on Berlin's Shed in the most recent issue of XLR8R (and if you haven't been reading a single word from the electronic music press of late), producer René Pawlowitz just released his second full-length album for Ostgut Ton, entitled The Traveller. As expected, it's a great record, as this cut from LP shows with ease and assurance. "No Way!" employs a small number of sounds—a thick rumbling, just enough samples to construct a pared-down beat, and one solid synth melody nearly sum it up—in comparison to a large amount of contemporary electronic music, distancing the inspired artist from the rest of the post-dub-tech-whatchamacallit pack. The point has been harped on, but it bears repeating: Shed's gonna do whatever Shed wants to do. Thank your lucky stars that's the case. (via Little White Earbuds)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player