Offshore "Round and Round"
Scottish producer Offshore (a.k.a. Robertson) is a recent addition to the Big Dada roster, signed off the strength of his self-titled EP on Stuff, that label's final release before becoming part of the ultra-rad Numbers conglomerate. Like many of his fellow Scots, Offshore shares some sonic territory with dudes from the LA beat scene, not that we're complaining. "Round and Round" trundles along on bouncy hip-hop beats filled out by fuzzy synths and lighthearted 8-bit flourishes. It's taken from the Aneurysm EP, which comes out October 19 and will be followed by a full-length album next year.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player