Blixaboy "Sci-Fi Jack"
Even though Dover, TX, producer Blixaboy has been making music in a number of forms for nearly 20 years, his forthcoming full-length album is a sort of re-introduction of the artist's forward-thinking dubstep- and bass-leaning sound. Blixaboy will release Kliks & Politiks through his own label, Astroblaque, on October 19, but we've got the first leak from that record for you today. "Sci-Fi Jack" is the third cut from Politiks, and finds the tunesmith smack dab in the middle of some low-end gymnastics out in the middle of space. Through "Jack"'s near five-minute runtime, Blixaboy never once lets up from his bouncing bass rhythms or touches down from his cosmic sound explorations—moving deeper instead to the outer reaches of dubstep's club-ready sonics. You can listen to all of Politiks now, over on the Blixaboy/Astroblaque website, here.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player