Christoph Andersson "Tuxedo"
Working with the same kind of funky basslines, punching dance beats, and filter washes of the French Touch greats, 18 year-old Christoph Andersson crafted the first single from his forthcoming self-titled EP for the New Orleans-based TKVR label. The track is called "Tuxedo," and it has a sole purpose: to make you dance. Thankfully, Andersson is thoughtful in the creation of his groove-demanding tune. Not only is a strong and ecstatic melody at the front and center of "Tuxedo," the many elements that create its catchy hooks are made of lovingly sampled, cleanly chopped, and painstakingly orchestrated sounds that all work simultaneously toward the collective goal. And especially for a kid who's barely out of high school, that's no small accomplishment.
The Christoph Andersson EP will be available on November 13.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player