Themselves "You Ain't It (Lazer Sword Remix)"
Nearly a year after reuniting to drop its latest full-length album, CrownsDown, Oakland's Themselves has gathered some of its friends and labelmates for a release of remixes, called CrownsDown & Company. Before that 10-song record hits shelves, we've got the exclusive premiere of one of Company's remixes, by Lazer Sword (pictured above). Low Limit and Lando Kal (who have their own debut full-length coming out in the not-so-distant future) have traded in their usual robo-swagger for a more surly, punch-drunk soundscape wrapped around stomping beats. You can be sure that little to none of Jel's original production work from "You Ain't It" made it into Lazer Sword's piece, but once Dose One's vocal delivery gains headway into the mix, the tune switches gears into a slick-but-noisy hip-hop jam that Themselves' own beatsmith wouldn't shy away from. More remix work from the likes of Baths, 13 & God, Buck 65, Odd Nosdam, and others will be featured alongside this track when Company is released on September 21.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player