Amidst the CMJ-related craziness happening across New York this week are flocks of bright-eyed 20-somethings out for a cut of that indie cake. One of those 20-somethings is Spencer Stephenson (a.k.a. Botany), whose music has been storming the internet as of late and drawing comparisons to Caribou's intoxicating synth-pop formulations. Hailing from the town of Weatherford, TX, Stephenson is spending the week in the big city drumming up momentum for his debut EP, Feeling Today, which comes out November 9. "Agave" is one of the EP's five selections, and it's a sparkling song that nicely juxtaposes chunky, Madlib-style drums with wind-chime melodies and faint vocal echoes.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player