Underworld "Always Loved a Film (Christian Martin Remix)"
The UK's Underworld (pictured above) has been making music for a long time now (since 1988 to be precise), and it is a testament to their talent that they have continued to sound current and innovative for so long, which makes it no easy job to remix one of their tracks. Not to worry, San Francisco's Christian Martin has not taken the task lightly. The Dirtybird affiliate takes the original from Underworld's newest LP, Barking, and turns the house knob up to 11, dubbing out the vocals, throwing in some tasty percussion, and featuring an infectiously gurgling bassline. For those in California who need more than a remix to satisfy their Underworld fix, the duo will be making its way around this weekend, check the dates after the jump.
Friday, October 29 - Cow Palace, San Francisco
Saturday, October 30 - 4th and B, San Diego
Sunday, October 31 - Shrine Expo Hall, Los Angeles
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player